I always believed that she would behave herself and not fall into this trap. She is pretty, intelligent , doing well in Uni, happy go lucky kind of person. Have dreams of doing MBA in US, active in sports. She said her bf is shocked but willing to stand beside her if she wants to keep the baby. He informed his parent and they are also willingly to support them.
What am I to do? We believe in the sanctity of life. Should I let her keep the baby?
So many reasons to say no:
- The 2 parents to be -not in position to be parent – over the next 4 years, their parents (from both side) would need to raise their child for them, apart from seeing them both through school
- mother to be- is so naïve; can’t even keep her room tidy; her dreams.. how?
- father to be – good boy, filial – but still in uni, very anxious, unstable – not right to pressurize him
- Yours truly grandmother to be – suffer from depression from time to time; last thing is to look after another child, so tired from raising 3 kids of her own
- grandfather to be – my hubby – just had another scare- recently discharged from hospital after a 5day stay in cardiac ward
- my family finances are tight- Chilli Padi has a scholarship- she need to miss an entire semester when the baby arrives, have such high hopes for her
What am I to do? Arrival of grandchildren is usually greeted with joy. Alas, why such dread within me? Disappointment that Chilli padi’s future so promising can fall into this trap. Is my moral compass wrong if I want her to abort? It is so easy for others to say that abortion is wrong; ever experienced living with your dreams unfulfilled?; there is the danger of recrimination in future. Is it selfish to want the best for your children?
-- by Depressed Mum